Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Debate


When the pollsters finish counting their scores, I think it will be clear: Obama won tonight's debate. The man spoke as a leader, addressed the questions, had awesome stage presence and charisma. His opponent? Looked awkward, ornery at times, and dodged questions. His attempt at humor was embarrassing. He referred to Obama in one response as "THAT one." Shameful.

Andrew Sullivan of The Daily Dish summed it up nicely:
This was, I think, a mauling: a devastating and possibly electorally fatal debate for McCain. Even on Russia, he sounded a little out of it. I've watched a lot of debates and participated in many. I love debate and was trained as a boy in the British system to be a debater. I debated dozens of times at Oxofrd. All I can say is that, simply on terms of substance, clarity, empathy, style and authority, this has not just been an Obama victory. It has been a wipe-out.It has been about as big a wipe-out as I can remember in a presidential debate. It reminds me of the 1992 Clinton-Perot-Bush debate. I don't really see how the McCain campaign survives this.

See his blog of the debate here.

No comments: