Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seasons change



Anybody else noticing the days are getting shorter?

I woke up at my usual 5:45AM today and it was dark as dark gets outside. Naturally the nights have been progressively longer since we passed the solstice, but it didn't resonate with me until this morning. I actually had to put on a sweatshirt and switch on the heater today as I bumbled thru the kitchen to fire up the java and start my work day.

Fall is in the air. Not that we had much of a warm summer, but clearly the autumnal train has left the station. Two weeks from today we will be in October. Personally autumn is my favorite time of year - I love the sunnier but cool days and crisp nights. October is my favorite month too - karma (or is it Jesus?) usually heaves change into my lap during October. Not that change is always easy to deal with, but I have learned to adapt. Even so, I love the vibe from October. After Halloween, I usually hide out until after the holidays, my least favorite time of year.

No comments: