Saturday, August 16, 2008

I guess I am a cool boyfriend


As much as I tried to be secretive about a trip to London for Sam's birthday, I inadvertently admitted that the big surprise part of the trip is tickets to see Madonna at Wembly Stadium. The concert is Sept. 11, 2008. And this is a good day to mention this as she turns 50 today.

I am a big fan of Madonna and this will be my 4th time seeing her in concert, 6th time seeing her live. The very first time I saw her was on an airplane when "Holiday" first came out. She autographed a barf bag for me. Do I still have that barf bag? Lost it. I then saw her first perform on the "Whos' That Girl" tour at Anaheim Stadium; second time was "Blonde Ambition" at the Los Angeles Forum; the thrid, "Confessions" tour in San Jose; and then once at a cool club in L.A. called Club Louie during her Sandra Bernhard phase. Now I'll add Wembly Stadium to the list.

I am looking forward to the trip. It's mostly going to be free as I am using frequent flyer miles and hotel points. I love London (have been many times) and know we will have a blast. How jealous are you all?

No comments: