Monday, August 25, 2008

Insomniac



Today is Monday, August 25, 2008 and I woke up at 3:30AM. Not that groggy, ugh it's Monday type of wake-up; rather that I'm on zulu time zone and eyes-open, hyper-alert type of wake-up.

Ugh.

I hate not getting my required 8-hours of sleep, especially on a so-called school night. I don't think I'm preoccupied or stressed although I am juggling some personal projects which have been consuming lately. Even so, I've never not slept because of internalized chaos. The boy sleeping beside me didn't keep me up either, in spite of his occasional snoring.

So here I am now, at a few minutes before 5:00AM. I would normally have another hour of sleep left but instead I am on my second cup of coffee even more alert than before.

It's going to be a long day.

No comments: